Who we are
What personal data we may collect and why we collect it
We collect the minimum amount of personal data from you necessary to provide you with a positive experience on our website.
We may collect information you voluntarily provide to:
- Receive our newsletter (name and email address).
- Process payment (billing information).
- Complete a contact form such as a waitlist (name, email address, country and/or province/state, and interests).
- Comment on the website (data in comment form, IP address, and browser user agent string to help spam detection).
By providing this information, you give us consent to collect, use, and maintain this personal data. If you refuse to provide personal data, it may prevent you from engaging in some activities on the website.
Other information we may collect
We may also collect some non-personal data including your browser name, type of computer or mobile device (referred to as “device” in this policy), and IP address to ensure a high quality experience on our website, as well as other similar information. An IP address is the number assigned to any device connected to the internet.
Our website uses “cookies” to ensure a high quality experience for the user. A “cookie” is a small file that is placed onto your device’s hard drive when you visit a website.
If you upload images to the website, avoid using images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS). Visitors to the website can download and extract location data from images on the website, as with most websites.
How we use the information we collect
We may collect and use information for the following purposes:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our website.
- To improve products and services.
- To run a contest, promotion, survey, or other interactive activity.
- To contact you with information, promotional offers, or for market research purposes using the email you provide to us. Each email will include an opt-out option.
- To send you administrative information, confirmation emails, updates on policies, or security alerts.
- To respond to your inquiries or comments.
- To provide you with user support.
- To process payments for goods or services you buy on the website (through a third party service).
- To market products using advertisements that are tracked and measured.
- To safeguard, investigate, and prevent illegal or unauthorized activity.
How we protect your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is protected. We adopt suitable information collection, storage, and processing procedures to protect against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction of your information.
We cannot guarantee that your information will always be protected due to security or technology breaches beyond our control. Should there be a breach of information for which we are aware, we will inform you immediately.
Third party websites
Affiliate program participation
Our website may engage in affiliate marketing by embedding tracking links into its content. If you click an affiliate link, a cookie will be placed on your hard drive to track sales for commissions. We are an affiliate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is designed to provide means for us to earn commissions by linking products or services from Amazon.ca, Amazon.com, and affiliated sites.
If you opt in to our email list, you will receive emails regarding news, updates, products or services. You may unsubscribe from receiving future emails at any time. The bottom of each email includes instructions on how to unsubscribe or you may contact us directly via email.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, distribute, or rent your personal information to third parties unless required by law. We may use demographic information not linked to personal identifying information with our business partners, affiliates, and advertisers. We may use third party providers to operate our website and business. With your permission, we may share your information with said third party providers in order to carry out website or business activities.
Owner & Data Controller
This policy was last updated on March 8, 2022.