These pancakes contain lots of wholesome ingredients that won’t put you in a carb-coma. They are also super easy to make.
Start your day off with a stack of these and you’ll be good to go for hours. Happy Canada / Independence Day!
Banana Zucchini Smoothie Pancakes
Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.These flavourful pancakes make for a delicious Sunday brunch option or a quick mid-week breakfast. Just mix all of the ingredients in a blender, stir in zucchini, pan fry and serve.Print Pin Rate
- Frying pan
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cups almond beverage other nut or oat beverages can also be used
- 2 ripe bananas defrosted if frozen
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded equivalent to about 1 medium zucchini
- Add all ingredients, except zucchini, into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Let stand for 10 minutes so that the oats can absorb the moisture and fluff up.
- While the batter is standing, use a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture in the shredded zucchini.
- Stir zucchini into the pancake mixture (don't blend).
- Add a tbsp of oil to a large frying pan and set to low/medium heat. Use about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake and smooth batter in the pan.
- Cook for 7 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Top with favourite fruit, nuts, syrup.
These pancakes are great fresh but can also be frozen and reheated in a toaster for a quick mid-week breakfast. They freeze well for up to 2 months.