Almond Butter BlossomsJump to Recipe
Almond Butter Blossom Cookies
These chewy and nutty cookies are a take on the classic peanut butter blossoms topped with chocolate pieces.
- 1 cup unsweetened creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil (firm)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (+ an extra few tbsps to coat cookies)
- 1 egg (or 1 flax egg if vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup almond beverage (or other non-dairy beverage)
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour (add 1 tsp xanthan gum if the flour does not contain it)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 chocolate bar, broken in pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together almond butter, coconut oil and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix for 1 minute. Add almond beverage and blend in.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Depending on the flour used, you may need to add 1-2 tbsp of extra almond beverage. Mixture should be a cookie dough consistency.
- Ball the dough using a cookie scoop or hands. The dough should make 15 large or 30 small cookies. Roll each ball into the extra granulated sugar. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and press one piece of chocolate into each cookie.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes if small and 8-10 minutes if large, or until slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Best if served fresh! Can also store in freezer for 2-3 months.