|Pumpkin spice has always been a hit or miss for me. I love pumpkin, I love spice, and sometimes I love them together in a mug of scolding hot liquid. Full disclosure, I’ve only ever had one Starbucks PSL in my life and it was very very “meh”. I found it had too much simple syrup and tasted a bit artificial. Instead I tried making my own. Less sugar, more spice, and that caffeine kick we all need as the sun starts to sleep longer.|
In naming this recipe I had to google the term latte only to find that this PSL is in fact NOT a latte. You can absolutely steam the milk if you’d like – as per the latte standards – but I ain’t got time for that. Instead I used chilled almond or oat beverage and extra hot coffee. Same same.
Pumpkin Spice Coffee
Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free & vegan.
- ¼ cup almond or oat beverage
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice (a combination of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves)
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1-3 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup your favourite coffee, hot
- Mix almond/oat beverage, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and maple syrup in a mug; use a milk frother to blend together.
- Pour hot coffee into the mug with the milk mixture.
Best served hot!