I have adapted my Banana Zucchini Smoothie Pancakes recipe based on some feedback and have created these Gluten-Free Banana Smoothie Pancakes. Apparently there are some people who don’t like the zucchini as much as I do. Isn’t that bananas…
Anyways, I have eliminated a few ingredients and adjusted the instructions. They are still super healthy and delicious. And perhaps a little bit less intimidating to those afraid of using more than 8 ingredients.
First, you will want to add all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until the ingredients make a smooth mixture. Then allow the batter to sit for 10 minutes. This allows for the blended oats to absorb some of the moisture, and will help with the fluffiness and cohesive properties of your smoothie pancakes.
Take 1/4 cup of the batter and smooth it onto an oiled pan over medium heat. Cook for approximately 7 minutes on each side. The timing will depend on your stovetop heat, so keep an eye on them! If the batter becomes thick – which it sometimes does upon sitting – mix in an extra tbsp of almond beverage or water.
Once all your pancakes are cooked, top with your favourite fruit, nuts, syrup!
These pancakes are great fresh but can also be frozen and reheated in the toaster for a quick mid-week breakfast. They freeze well for up to 2 months.
I made a big batch this weekend with my mom in town and I saw her sneaking a peek at my recipe book afterwards. Even those without any dietary restriction will love em! You honestly can’t even tell that they are both vegan & gluten-free.
As always, if you have any questions, comments or substitutions that you have tried, please leave a comment on this post. I would love to hear how you enjoyed your Gluten-Free Banana Smoothie Pancakes!
Gluten-Free Banana Smoothie Pancakes
- Frying pan
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cups almond beverage other nut or oat beverages can also be used
- 2 ripe bananas defrosted if frozen
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Let mixture stand for 10 minutes so that the oats can absorb the moisture and fluff up.
- Add a tbsp of oil to a large frying pan and set to low/medium heat. Use approx. 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake and smooth batter in the pan. If the batter becomes too thick, mix in another tbsp of almond beverage or water.
- Cook for 7 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Top with favourite fruit, nuts, syrup.